Sunday, March 1, 2009

Costco

I am not sure if I ever mentioned this before. If I think I have figured out some things about me. I love to help people out. I love to find ways to save money. I hate debt. My dream job would include all of those things. Right now I get to live my dream job as a mom. I am constantly helping out my family doing Mom things and I look for ways to help others. I get to make up budgets and help our family keep to them, and I have us out of debt.

When we went on our trip to Disneyland, we decided we needed a new camera. I think the stabilization went out on our old one. So I looked at all of the really high end models and decided they were out of our price range and that they were too advanced for my knowledge at this time. We decided on a Sony camera. I did some price checking and I saw one at Best buy on Sale for 210. Then I could buy a warranty for 50 or so dollars on top plus tax.

I was fortunate enough to have gone to Costco who had a membership there (while I did not). I honestly have never gotten a membership at Sam's or at Costco because I have been afraid of all of the money I would spend there. I have usually gone with someone who has had a membership when I have needed something.

Well back to my story... I went to Costco with a friend a few weeks ago and found that the camera there was 40 dollars cheaper. So I went back and talked to Tevan about it. Usually when I spend money on things that don't contain to our normal budget I like to consult him. I just think it is respectful. Well I probably should have made it back to Costco again with a friend but I did not. So on our drive to Disneyland we saw a Costco and decided to stop by. We went in and asked about a warranty. The salesman said that if we got an American Express card we could get a 3 year plan for free. Then we went to go get a membership and if we joined that day we could get an extra 2 months of a membership or a free tote bag. We opted on the free 2 months. Also, if we got the American express card we could get 25 dollars back or off our first purchase and 3 % back from the purchase. So we got that too.

So now we have a 14 month membership to Costco, an Amercan express card that we plan not to use (because I try to avoid credit card debt)

1 comment:

Sarah Nelson said...

We have a credit card that we use to earn airline miles, but we use it more like a bank card... no spending unless you have the money in the bank! Then, we pay it off each month! I'm loving the free membership deal... that's great!

Our Family

Our Family

Us

Us

Our Kids

Our Kids