Tuesday, May 12, 2009
An eye update...
I took Brooke in to the Optometrist on Monday. It turns out that she has an astigmatism and she is far sided meaning she can't see things close up or things that are far away. Brooke always is in her own little world that I have justified as her imagination or the fact that because her hearing sounds like it is under water she must just block out the world. She is 4 and she recognizes her letter, numbers, shapes, and colors so I had no indication really that her eye sight (Or lack there of) was so severe. I am just amazed at how well she copes with the world around her even though she might not understand it or see it. I know that for at least 5 of the last 12 months she has had a moderate hearing loss due to fluid being stuck in her ear. With that, it causes a hearing loss. Luckily a tube can be placed in the ear which helps to drain the fluid. She is getting one in next week. I really had no idea that her sight was so bad until I was at the optometrist a few weeks ago for myself and decided to see what letters she knew. Well I am really relieved that I found out now rather than later.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Us
Our Kids
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Peace October 201312 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1 comment:
Good for you for being so on top of things! Soo much better to find out now!
Post a Comment