Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was very special to me! Yesterday at my families Christmas Eve party we were able to see an Aunt whom I have not seen in years. She surprised us all and I am thankful she did. We played the annual white elephant gift game. I was going to give the best gift ever but Tevan vetoed it as we were leaving our house. I got the Inconvenient truth by Al Gore. I guess you would need to know some of my family members to get why that would have been a perfect gift. Anyhow we got some chocolates and a Warm and Fuzzy which is like a snuggie but much warmer, softer and snugglier. We went and sang carols to my Grandpa who had foot surgery and is confined to his reclining chair. He is always such a jolly man and fun to visit with. But we got home pretty late and the girls were tired.
 
Spencer is finally pulling out of his fevers. On Thursday night I was up with him all night. Actually come to think of it I was up all night with him on Wednesday night too. On Thursday night  I took an auxiliary (armpit) reading  and it was at 103.8  so he was probably 104.8 and he was breathing really fast. (more than 60 breaths per minute) I gave him some tylenol  and juice and was able to get his fever to come down a little. By the morning his fever had broken and we just slept all day Friday and I slept a lot today with him too. Today he has been fever free and super grumpy, clingy, and sleepy but at least he is eating and drinking!
 
Well anyhow today we went over to my in-laws to open presents at 8. I had to wake up all of my kids for it. They were nice and cozy in their new pj's that they did not want to get out of bed. The girls loved all of their presents.
 
Addie got Knex, a razor scooter, poly pockets, barbies, clothes, slippers, microscope, and educational books!

Brookie got a unicorn pillow pet, a microscope, barbies, littlest pet shop, operation the game, a lizard carying case and some toy squishy reptiles, and educational books!

Spencer got a tricycle, lots of metal tractors, a wooden train set, clothes, trucks with trailers, and educational books!
 
Today I got to talk to my brother Ricky who is serving a mission in St Paul, MN. It was really good to hear his voice. He is very driven at what he is doing.
 
I am so thankful for the Christmas Season and for the life of Jesus Christ. I am thankful that he has made a way that we can be forgiven of our sins and to be able to return to him again. I love this time of the year and I have really loved watching my kids get so excited about the season.
 
Merry Christmas!

 


2 comments:

The Hills... said...

Congrats on the new baby coming! :)

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

Nice to know about your good times. Happy new year.

Our Family

Our Family

Us

Us

Our Kids

Our Kids