Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Claus

During Church today Brookie informed me that she no longer believed in Santa Claus. She said she just figured it out by her self. I asked her who brought all of the toys and candy and who ate the Santa cookies every year. She said her friends snuck into the house and brought her presents. I asked her if she snuck out of the house to bring her friends presents and she told me no. I think this girl is too logical for her own good.
 
I told Addie the other day for Dutch Christmas that I was buying some candy to help out Sinter Claus and it just about broke her heart. I told her that I was just getting some extra candy just in case he ran out.
 
I was talking to my Mother in-law the other day about Santa Claus and she told me about a talk she heard  that the idea of Santa was a good way for kids to start to understand Jesus Christ. Santa does something for us that is really nice or in some cases it seems impossible like getting a toy that the child really wanted but did not think the parents could afford. Just like Jesus did some thing really nice for us that seems impossible like atoned for our sins and made it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father. We never see Santa just like we do not see Jesus. Santa cares if we are doing good things or bad things. I just thought it was a really interesting conversation.

 

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Us

Us

Our Kids

Our Kids