Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

This year was a little weird for me. Every year we usually go to my Grandmas house for hippy pancakes, have an Easter egg hunt, play croquet, and enjoy time with the family. This year things changed because my Grandma's hip has been hurting her and then she got sick. I think it was the first time in my whole life that we did not go along with our traditional Easter.
 
This year we went to church with my parents. I was really touched during the Sacrament hymn "Behold the Great Redeemer Died." In one of the versus it quoted Jesus while he was suffering on the cross and he said "Father from me remove this cup, if thou wilt I will drink it up. I've done the work thou gavest me, receive my spirit unto thee." I have been pondering on the fact that Jesus knew what his role and purpose on this earth and he did it even though it was extremely painful and difficult. Even when people betrayed him and made him and spit upon him. I just can not imagine how difficult his life was. He knew what he needed to do because he fasted and prayed what Heavenly Fathers will was and he lived up to it. I know that I need to follow his example and rely on Heavenly Fathers will for me.
 
After church we went and visited my Grandma whose house we usually go to. I was happy that she was doing better than when I had talked to her last. We took pictures at her house. We went back to my parents house and made egg salad sandwiches on sour dough bread. We played a little kinect. Then we had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. After we went to my other Grandmas house and had a yummy ham dinner. I love that my kids are around my Grandparents. I am thankful they have a great relationships with all of their Grandparents.


 


No comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Us

Us

Our Kids

Our Kids