Monday, October 1, 2012

Potato Harvest

The kids had a week off of school in early October for Spud Harvest. I had plans of making cookies, sewing costumes, playing with friends, and my personal school work. So I typed out a list and I showed it to Tevan. As a joke I wrote "surprise Grandma's and Grandpa's in California." Now usually when I leave for even a day, Tevan gets pretty lonely pretty quickly, so I was joking around. He looked at the list and said "if you want to go, go for it." That was at 9 am and by 11:30 the kids and I were off to California. Tevan drove back home just as we were leaving to say good bye to us again. My kids are getting to be pretty good travelers.

The driving time flew by and my kids were awesome. I called Ricky to have him get the guest room ready for us and we pulled in around 11:30 PST. We rang the door bell and my mom answered and the kids said Trick or Treat! I have now seen her with her shocked face 2 times in my life. She did not see us coming at all.

The same thing went a few days later when we went to the Boersma's house. Tevan had talked to them and purposely mislead them into believing that the kids were in Idaho going to school. So my in-laws looked pretty shocked and for a few seconds were trying to figure out why we were in California in October.

Any how, it was a really quick trip, but we did have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Us

Us

Our Kids

Our Kids